Katestone has been a leading provider of expert air quality and meteorology services in Australia since 1989. Primarily located in Brisbane, Australia, our team of approximately 15 professionals has developed an enviable reputation for high quality advice to clients in the mining, energy, heavy industry, government and agricultural sectors. Our long list of loyal clients is a testament to the principled way in which we conduct our business and the respect we have gained in the industry.
At Katestone, we strive for excellence in everything we do. Our first priority is to identify exactly what your project requires to succeed. We then work with you to deliver the best solution to enable successful completion of the project. Clear and open communication underpins this process, as does a rigorous approach to problem solving.
To provide superior air quality, meteorological and climate consulting services that our Clients value, trust and rely on to make important decisions to ensure a sustainable future, that our peers and regulators regard as a benchmark and strive to emulate and, that we are proud of.
At Katestone our vision is Clear Skies. For us this means;
• Clear communication with our clients and the community
• Developing clear understanding of what the future might hold and planning accordingly
• Using data to make sense of the world
• Unravelling the science for real world applications and decisions
• Developing decision support systems to provide a simple but powerful interpretation of complex issues
• It also means a better, more certain future for our children
Katestone recognises its responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment and is committed to achieving this through principles of:
• Fostering a positive safety culture through effective health and safety leadership
• Providing information, training and supervision to employees and workplace visitors that enables the identification and elimination of hazards
• Establishing safe work practices and procedures for working and behaving in a safe and healthy manner
• Encouraging everyone’s contribution toward health and safety by promoting individual’s personal wellbeing and fitness for work
• Achieving and where possible exceeding compliance with workplace health and safety regulations.
Katestone strives to provide a workplace that enables employees to carry out their duties in a safe, healthy environment and requires that people do not act in a manner that compromises that safe and healthy environment.
The above commitment is given effect through internal policies that can be made available to clients on request, including:
• Occupational health and safety policy
• Site visit policy
• Travel to work policy
At Katestone, we appreciate that many of the projects we work on – e.g. mines, infrastructure, heavy industries, intensive agriculture – are associated with adverse environmental and social impacts. Nevertheless, we are grateful for the opportunity to problem-solve with our clients and collaborate with regulators to help minimise impacts.
The advice we offer to decision makers on major projects can make a difference vastly greater than what we could achieve from green office initiatives – but we also enjoy ‘walking the talk’. Our new office at Marie Street in Milton features efficient T5 fluorescent light fittings, recycled timbers and ‘monkey pots’ with indoor plants. The office has a 4 star NABERS rating. We recycle avidly and have a worm farm for organic waste.
Most importantly, we commit to continual improvement so that our efforts in applying sustainability in our work and in our business practices get progressively better over months and years.
Our team is ready to make your life easier
Why choose us?
We problem solve
Solving problems effectively and efficiently is our passion. Our approach is thorough and always driven by the data. You can be assured that the solutions we offer are relevant and accurate and will enable you to move your business forward.
We communicate clearly
Although we operate in a highly technical field, we pride ourselves on communicating in a clear and concise way that is easily understood by all – regardless of whether it is a report, email, phone conversation or meeting.
When a conventional method fails, we develop an alternative. Our strong track record of applied research and development, strategic adoption of new technologies and use of customised in-house software, ensures we are at the forefront of our field.
We are technically competent
Excelling in the service we offer clients is a key driver of all that we do at Katestone. To achieve this, we have brought together some of Australia’s leading experts in their field. Our commitment to our people is to continually enhance their skills and experience, and offer national and international professional development opportunities.