Australian National Pollutant Inventory (NPI) reporting
NPI - What is it?
The National Pollutant Inventory (NPI) provides the community, industry and government with free information about substance emissions in Australia. It contains data on 93 substances that have been identified as important due to their possible effect on human health and the environment. Australian companies that exceed certain thresholds are required to report their emissions to air, water and land.
Do you need to report?
Find out if your company needs to report to the NPI by filling out our online NPI questionnaire.
- 31 March – the Australian Government publicly releases NPI facility data for the preceding year
- 1 July – the NPI reporting period commences on 1 July for each year for most reporters
- 30 September – reporting facilities provide information on the previous reporting period to the state or territory environment agency in its jurisdiction
- 30 November – state and territory environment agencies review all NPI reports for accuracy and forward the data to the Australian Government.
What do I need to do?
The steps involved in NPI reporting include:
- Determine whether your facility is excluded from reporting to the NPI
- Determine whether your facility needs to report to the NPI
- Estimate your facilities emissions
- Estimate your facilities transfers
- Report your facilities emissions and transfers
What can we do for you?
Click here to find our Annual Reporting Capability Statement in PDF.
Katestone specialists can manage all aspects of NPI reporting for clients including:
- Collation of facility data
- Data management and processing
- Emission estimation
- Preparation of data for online submission to the NPI website
Katestone can take the hassle and complexity out of NPI reporting for your company. Ask us an obligation-free question using the form below.
– Air quality impact report
– Air quality management plans
– Climate risk and adaptation
– Carbon / GHG management & reporting
– Decision support systems & custom tools
– Dispersion modelling
– Dust management
– Expert advice, expert witness
– Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER Act, AU)
– Health risk
– National Pollutant Inventory (NPI) reporting (AU)
– Odour assessments
– Plume rise
– Pollution forecasting
– Weather data
– Weather forecasting
Where are we?
Head Office: Level 4/154 Melbourne St, South Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Phone: +61 7 3369 3699
Ireland Office: Office 5a, Portlaoise Enterprise Centre, Clonminam Industrial Estate, Portlaoise, Co Laois, Ireland
Phone: +353 (87) 365 6879