Katestone is pleased to announce that Managing Director Christine Killip will be presenting on Proactive Heat Stress Management at the upcoming the SIA Brisbane Safety Conference 2015.
Taking place on 22nd and 23rd April at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, the SIA Brisbane Safety Conference is proudly presented by the Safety Institute of Australia.
Christine will describe the challenges you might encounter in the management of heat stress in your workforce and outline a systematic approach to heat stress management that will put your mind at ease.
“Working in Australia’s harsh climate can have a significant impact on the safety, productivity and health of our teams. Climate change projections tell us to expect more frequent heat waves and rises in apparent temperature. As a result you should expect the occurrence of heat related illness and other negative effects of heat stress to become more prevalent. Proactive management of heat stress can have direct benefits for physical and mental health, reduced accidents and hence lead to greater productivity”
If you want to catch Christine she will be speaking straight after lunch on the first day.
The two-day conference will take place in conjunction with the large-scale Safety in Action exhibition series, providing you with in-depth analyses of safety legislation, regulation and workplace WHS policies across Queensland.
What will you gain at the conference?
- Learn about new advancements and innovations
- Discuss new ideas with colleagues and peers
- Speak directly with leaders across health safety and the workplace environment
- Hear what the industry is doing and who is doing it
Joining Katestone on the speaker panel are:
- Gordon MacDonald, Chief Executive, WorkSafe New Zealand
- Professor Mike Behm, Associate Professor, East Carolina University and Member, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), USA
- Joseph Meissner, Manager Work Health and Safety, Seqwater
- Tracy Co, Injury Management and Health Program Coordinator, Seqwater
- Con Fourkiotis, State Manager: Health, Safety and Wellbeing, Westpac
- Aaron Anderson, Partner: Occupational Health and Safety law and injury claims management, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Brendan Gough, Operations & Maintenance Manager: Clem Jones Tunnel, Brisbane Motorway Services
- Rob Harvey, WHS Manager, Queensland Rail and many more.